FreeBSD 5.3 + any smtp server, Refuses to receive any emails...

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Sun Nov 21 19:30:22 PST 2004

Erik Ellis wrote:

>FreeBSD 5.3 + any smtp server, Refuses to receive any emails from any
>external domain EXEPT bredband.net, witch  is odd, cuz I haven't entered
>anything about bredband.net.
>
>Right now im using Sendmail, but iwe tried postfix but I get the same
>problem. No errors in logs, no errors from "Postmaster". It just wont work.
>What can be the problem.
>
>Don't think theres any dns problems cuz its all updated and as I said. It
>works when I send email from @bredband.net and @ellisdesign.org
><mailto:ellis at ellisdesign.org>  but not from anything else.

Forgive me for taking the last with a grain of salt, but I may
have found out something to shed some light:

[579] Sun 21.Nov.2004
21:25:19
[admin at archangel][/backup/5.3-RELEASE/R/ftp/floppies]
host ellisdesign.org
ellisdesign.org has address 83.226.144.215
ellisdesign.org mail is handled by 10 mx.ellisdesign.org.

[580] Sun 21.Nov.2004 21:25:25
[admin at archangel][/backup/5.3-RELEASE/R/ftp/floppies]
host mx.ellisdesign.org
Host mx.ellisdesign.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)