freetype 2 error question

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Nov 21 12:53:56 PST 2004

I get a lot of the following errors. They all are related to Xft. I.e.
"portupgrade -rR XFree86-4-clients" stops with the following errors:

#ifndef FT_FREETYPE_H
#error "`ft2build.h' hasn't been included yet!"
#error "Please always use macros to include FreeType header files."
#error "Example:"
#error "  #include <ft2build.h>"
#error "  #include FT_FREETYPE_H"
#endif

-(Compiling fvwm results in the same way)-

After some googling I learn this error is quite common.

I want your opinion on some changes I made in
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h

The original file states:

#include <stdarg.h>
#include <freetype/freetype.h>
#include <fontconfig/fontconfig.h>
#include <X11/extensions/Xrender.h>

After I changed some lines, XFree86-4-clients compiled well. The errors
disappeared. But I wonder if my changes were right. What I did was:

#include <stdarg.h>
#include <freetype/ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
#include <fontconfig/fontconfig.h>
#include <X11/extensions/Xrender.h>

As you can see, I left out the line "#include <freetype/freetype.h>"
completely, but now I wonder if I should have left it in the header
file, following my changes.. I.e.:

#include <freetype/freetype.h>		<------ leave it here ????
#include <fontconfig/fontconfig.h>
#include <X11/extensions/Xrender.h>

Please give me some advise..

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)