install: which cdrom?

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sat Nov 20 15:22:44 PST 2004

I'm getting ready to do my last install (out of 3) ... on the sparc64 this
time, but I'd like to kknow one thing ... the instructions on cdrom
booting keep on referring only to "the cdrom" although there are 3
different cdroms that I *think* are bootable... there's the miniinst, the
disk1, and the bootonly ... heck, if the disc-2 is bootable (I tihnk it's
the live filesystem, so I doubt that one is) then there's even 4 choices
.. and I don't know which one the instructions are referring to.

The sparc-64 instructions say, after giving the 'boot cdrom' inf, to put
in the cdrom, but which of the 3 do they mean?

I know I tend to read fast (not speedy, spottily), and I hate friendly
docs (FreeBSD's are soem of the web's best, less friendly and full of real
info) but I do tend to skim a bit, so maybe I've missed it, but I don't
think so.  Can someone help me, please?

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).