Hauppauge WinTV bt878 card

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Sat Nov 20 11:11:29 PST 2004

I'm running 5.3, loaded the bktr module, and installed fxtv.  I get
video, but no audio.  I was able to get audio without patching the audio
out from the tv card to the line in on the soundcard with linux by
compiling a driver into the kernel for the built in audio device on the
tv card.  I don't know exactly how this works on freebsd though and
would like to get some sound going with the tv picture :)

Additionally, i would like to use mplayer/mencoder and can't seem to get
that working either.  I can't even get video there it seems...

I tried:

mplayer tv://4 -tv driver=bsdbt848:channel=4

but just got a big blue screen

If anyone has done all this and could offer me some hints I would be
most grateful!

--
The zen of unix involves typeey typeey not clicky clicky.  --Rich Bowen