"amr0: bad slot x completed" and fsck_ufs hanging

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Sat Nov 20 06:19:40 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my new dual xeon with an Intel scsi raid
controller (SRCU42X). I installed FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE on it.

First I get a message in my dmesg saying: "amr0: bad slot completed". After
that fsck_ufs tries to run but it keeps hanging. In top it's state is
"getblk". When I then try to reboot, the computer even hangs during
shutting down because it can't kill some processes (fsck_ufs I guess).

After resetting the computer I get of course messages that some filesystems
are not properly dismounted, FreeBSD boots, fsck_ufs tries to run and
hangs again, I get the message "amr0: bad slot x completed" again, and
everything starts from the beginning.

I think it has something to do with my SCSI controller. Has someone an idea
what is happening here?

Thanks,

Marco

--
Bubble Memory, n.:
 	A derogatory term, usually referring to a person's