postfix launch at system startup - followup

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Fri Nov 19 18:00:10 PST 2004

Hey all.  Just following up on the postfix issue.

The startup problem is gone.  Works like a charm.

I've come across a new problem though.

Daily & security run mailings aren't getting sent all of a sudden.
They were fine before the startup problems started, but after the
buildworld/installworld problems, they seem to have gone away.

Don't these mailings use the /usr/bin/mail program?  With the new
OS install, it seems the sendmail binaries were put in place and
probably changed the way this is working.  Apparently, /usr/bin/mail
doesn't check /etc/mail/mailer.conf to see which sendmail to use.

Does anyone know how this should be fixed?  For the time being, I've
linked /usr/local/sbin/sendmail (the Postfix executable) to
/usr/sbin/sendmail (location of the Sendmail executable, which I've
removed).  I don't know if this will fix the daily mailing problem,
though.

Thanks again.

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

The Wright Bothers weren't the first to fly.  They were just the first
not to crash.