Installation Question 5.3-RELEASE

Tom Moyer tommoyer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:47:20 PST 2004

> Fortunately, you can still use the ports collection for your offline machine,
> by using a machine which is connected and doing the "make package-recursive"
> or "make fetch-recursive" commands to grab all of the dependencies as well.

Is there any way I can force it to fetch packages when they exist and
distfiles for ports if a package doesn't exist?

So in summary I have a list of applications I would like to install on
a machine not connected to a network.  I am looking for the easiest
method of fetching the packages from a server and putting them on CDs
so I can move them to the stand-alone machine.  For the one or two
apps I use that don't have packages I would like to fetch all the
necesary distfiles to be able to install those few apps from ports.