firefox & thunderbird upgrade problem

Gary Aitken garya at dreamchaser.org
Fri Nov 19 11:07:29 PST 2004

I tried removing the directories, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc.
All to no avail.  It's clearly looking at somethig else.

I also see the same problem Kirk Strauser is seeing with

     # firefox
     *** nsExtensionManager::_disableObsoleteExtensions - failure,
catching
exception so finalize window can close

Although mine starts and runs, except I can't save anything and
keyboard shortcuts and things like <ctrl>click don't behave
properly (open the tab, but don't load the link)

I found a reference on a linux site about firefox-installer being
the culprit (/usr/share/firefox-installer/firefox-bin) and a missing
library, libmozjs.so.  Will check into it when I get a chance.
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-July/msg03128.html