/etc/rc.d/mountcritremote and nfsserver

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Fri Nov 19 09:04:34 PST 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 09:55, Ruben de Groot wrote:

> Since 'mountcritremote' is in the REQUIRE line of 'nfsserver', that would
> create a loop.

Ugh.  You're right, and I managed to miss that when running rcorder.

> I think in your case though you can savely replace the
> 'mountcritremote' requirement in nfsserver by 'mountcritlocal'. Then you
> can add nfsserver to the REQUIRE line in `mountcritremote'

Maybe a better solution would be to add a "noncritical" option to mount
(akin to "noauto"), as well as a new rc.d/mountnoncritremote that took
advantage of it.  I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen,
though.

> BTW, this obviously won't work if you plan to re-export remote nfs-shares

Right.  That's not important to me, but I can see why that wouldn't be a
good default.
--
Kirk Strauser