Nothing works right when i try it, buildkernel problems..

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:27:06 PST 2004

I'm trying to upgrade from 5.3RC1 to 5.3-RELEASE i cvsupped the src
following the instructions given by Adam Smith(?) in a recent thread.
I've read the handbook pages and some other things on the web on
upgrading your system

buildworld completes no problem, but when i try do a make buildkernel
KERNCONF=GENERIC i get the following error:

perl5 /usr/src/sys/kern/vnode_if.pl -h /usr/src/sys/kern/vnode_if.src
perl5:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I've tried going into ports to install perl5 but there is perl5.8
there as well and not sure which one would be better.

Advice anyone?

Thanks