Req: Good virtual mail server howto

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 06:05:27 PST 2004

I personally like qmail, we use it on our mail server, and like you we
didn't want to give system accounts so we did it with a mysql patch.
It took awhile to get up and running but now that it is running we
have a php script which handles user management, etc.

www.lifewithqmail.org is a good place to get a start on it.
http://iain.cx/qmail/mysql/ is the version of qmail we used though
documentation is limited and it sometimes can be a little tricky. It
can be compiled in /usr/ports/mail/qmail-mysql though.

Best of luck