BSD equivalents of autoconf, automake, etc.

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Nov 18 11:21:00 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 06:51:06PM +0100, Matthias Buelow wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
:
: >This is exactly what I needed.  I wanted to experiment with building,
: >installing, linking, and the same with my own test 'libraries.'  It looks
: >like this is much easier than autoconf.
:
: Why do you want to use autoconf at all, if you want to build on only one
: system?  Autoconf (and automake/libtool) was, as originally intended,
: designed to ease cross-platform portability.

Well, I might want to make my project available, I'm not sure.  But either
way, anything that makes makefiles easier is a welcome tool.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.