postfix launch at system startup

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Thu Nov 18 05:36:03 PST 2004

On 11/17/04 09:47 PM, Andrew L. Gould sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2004 08:36 pm, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > Hey all.  I'm having a little trouble with postfix launch at startup
> > in 5.3.
> >
> > At install, I specified postfix as the mta, and had it configured in
> > /etc/mail/mailer.conf.  The /stand/sysinstall shell also added the
> > following to /etc/rc.conf:
> >
> > sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
> > sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> > sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
> > sendmail_flags="-bd"
> > sendmail_enable="YES"
>
> This seems wrong, particularly the last line. Try:
>
> sendmail_enable="NONE"
>

> > I figured that would be the end of it.
> >
> > I can't find anything to indicate what should be done to make it
> > start up at system boot.  Once the system is up, I simply execute
> >
> > postfix start
> >
> > as root and everything works as planned, but I wonder if I'm missing
> > something?
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Lou
>
> Follow the instructions at the link below:
>
> http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~ranga/notes/freebsd_postfix.html
>
> Best of luck,

Problem is this is for an "active" replacement - one where sendmail is
already in place.  I did an installation replacement, where postfix
was specified as the primary MTA during system install.

And it just occurred to me that the install replacement might not
disable building sendmail and installing it during a buildworld /
installworld.

I'll follow the directions there.

Thanks

Lou