postfix launch at system startup

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Wed Nov 17 23:53:45 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 09:36:38PM -0500, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> Hey all.  I'm having a little trouble with postfix launch at startup
> in 5.3.
>
> At install, I specified postfix as the mta, and had it configured in
> /etc/mail/mailer.conf.  The /stand/sysinstall shell also added the
> following to /etc/rc.conf:
>
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
> sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
> sendmail_flags="-bd"
> sendmail_enable="YES"
>
> I figured that would be the end of it.
>
> I can't find anything to indicate what should be done to make it start
> up at system boot.  Once the system is up, I simply execute

This is what I've got in my /etc/rc.conf:

sendmail_enable="YES"			# We run Postfix
sendmail_pidfile="/var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid"
sendmail_flags="-bd"			# smaller flags
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"	# no such requirement for Postfix
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"		# no such requirement for Postfix
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"	# no such requirement for Postfix

Make sure the appropriate entries are in /etc/mail/mailer.conf.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>