basic sendmail problem

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 17 22:37:09 PST 2004

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 10:26 pm, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Yes, I got that.  What I didn't understand was why is fixing the DNS
> setup not a priority here?

Well, that's not what you asked. It wasn't a priority because I didn't know
this was a problem, and my "server" is a computer that I got for $25 at
Boeing surplus to host my little domain that does nothing much. So I don't
'prioritize' things relating to it.

> You can probably get away with:
>
> FEATURE(`accept_unqualified_senders')
> FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')
>
> but this is a huge spam proxy waiting to happen.  Instead of 'fixing'
> what isn't broken, you should try to fix DNS resolution of your IP
> addresses.  It's better in the long run.

I totally agree. Have any tips on how to do this? Should what I was doing
to /etc/hosts work? And _is_ this what is causing the Sendmail problem?

Thanks,

-David