postfix launch at system startup

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Wed Nov 17 18:36:41 PST 2004

Hey all.  I'm having a little trouble with postfix launch at startup
in 5.3.

At install, I specified postfix as the mta, and had it configured in
/etc/mail/mailer.conf.  The /stand/sysinstall shell also added the
following to /etc/rc.conf:

sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_flags="-bd"
sendmail_enable="YES"

I figured that would be the end of it.

I can't find anything to indicate what should be done to make it start
up at system boot.  Once the system is up, I simply execute

postfix start

as root and everything works as planned, but I wonder if I'm missing
something?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance
Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

A star captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even
his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive.
    -- Kirk, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown