cvups with 5.3 stable

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Wed Nov 17 17:36:16 PST 2004

cscott at speakeasy.net wrote:
> Has anyone got cvsup to sucessfully update their ports collection? When I run cvsup, with tag=RELENG_5_3, cvsup just deletes everything in /usr/ports. I replaced the ports collection with the full port tarball from the ports collection search page. Cvsup deletes that as well. I am using the ports-supfile from examples, and have only change the cvsup host. Has anyone else experience this?
>
> Casey

To CVSup the ports - the ports-supfile ought to look like this:

*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
ports-all

What you "seem" to be doing is CVSuping the src tree. I think your
confused a bite - here's the lines for src: (STABLE)

*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all

--
Best regards,
Chris

Laugh and the world laughs with you. cry and ...
you have to blow your nose.