Portupgrade apache2 on 5.3-RELEASE

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Wed Nov 17 07:31:28 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 05:50:26AM -0600, Mike Loiterman wrote:
> I'm running 5.3-RELEASE with a cvsup a few minutes old.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my apache-2.0.49  port via portupgrade.
>
> This is the error I get:
> [05:30:27 root at enola: /usr/local/etc]# portupgrade apache
> ** Port marked as IGNORE: www/apache2:
>         : apr from ports (WITH_APR_FROM_PORTS) is no longer supported
>
> Any ideas about how to get around this?

As far as I can tell, you only need to move /usr/local/lib/libapr-0.so
out of the way and try the upgrade again.

libapr now goes in /usr/local/lib/apache2, and the port installs an rc
script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to merge the directory into the ldconfig
hints.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \