vinum problems

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Wed Nov 17 01:21:36 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 08:51, Chris Smith wrote:
[snip]
> ... Can you boot off a striped volume and will it
> benefit me at all making it a striped volume at all rather than a
> concat?

I don't think you can boot off a vinum partition, because you have to
load vinum *after* the kernel is running. It usually loads early during
the run through /etc/rc as the system goes multiuser, before visiting
/etc/fstab with mount. Perhaps you have your root partition on another
disk and just didn't mention it? Or is there a tricky way to do this
that I am ignorant of?

--

Gary Dunn
knowtree at aloha.com