Threaded Perl on 4.10-RELEASE

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Nov 16 09:40:18 PST 2004

--On Tuesday, November 16, 2004 12:30:01 PM -0500 Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> I don't believe so, but note that the perl port will *not* install
> over the base system one; they will coexist on your system, and you
> can switch back and forth.  [The port will install a script called
> "use.perl" for this purpose.]

Note, however, that if you switch from one to the other (base to system or
vice versa) you have to recompile all perl "apps" (CPAN modules, mod-perl,
etc.)  If you have a lot of them, this takes some pre-planning.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member