Exiscan+clamav

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Nov 16 02:33:26 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 08:20:31PM -0600, Adam M Ryan wrote:
> Right now I am using Exim 4.43 and clamav-0.80_1 both installed from ports.
> I am trying to get clamav to scan incoming email.  I have altered my exim
> configure file with the following:
>
> av_scanner=clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd
>

>    deny message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
>         demime  = *
>         malware = *

This is fine - exactly the settings I am using.

> I have also double checked everything in
> /usr/ports/mail/exim/files/POST-INSTALL-NOTES.clamd.
>
> But I still can't get my emailed scanned by clamav.

Someone else asked if clamd is really running.  Have you edited the
clamd conf file?  The first item in the file needs to commented out to
activate the config:

# Comment or remove the line below.
#Example

It may be useful to turn on LogVerbose in clamd.conf too - it will log
everything it scans, not just infected streams.  Once you are happy it
is working, you can disable LogVerbose to save your /var.

> Does anyone have a working configure file that they could post?

Your config is what is in the documentation and the default Exim
configure file anyway.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \