Want to use two PCCards on a laptop

Paul Hoffman phoffman at proper.com
Mon Nov 15 18:09:21 PST 2004

At 12:28 PM +1030 11/16/04, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>On Monday, 15 November 2004 at 17:45:42 -0800, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>  >>>    pccard0: Can no attach more than one child.
>>>
>>>  This isn't a general problem.  It must be related to your hardware,
>>>  but you don't say what it is.
>>
>>  Sorry; didn't realize it might be relevant. Dell Inspiron 3500.
>>  FreeBSD is definitely seeing both cards; it responds nicely when I
>>  eject either of the cards. It just won't do anything useful when I
>>  insert the second card. More clues appreciated!
>
>More information appreciated.  People shouldn't have to ask you twice
>to know what cards you're using, or what the messages were.  You might
>like to take a look at http://www.lemis.com/questions.html.

Doh! I saw "hardware" and I thought "computer". You are right, of course.

3Com EtherLink III, 3C569D
3Com Megahertz, 3CCE589ET

The actual message seen in dmsg when putting in the second card is as above:
    pccard0: Can no attach more than one child.
I can't get a file off the system yet, unfortunately, so I can't give
the full dmesg output.