How to reconfigure a port installation?

Curtis Vaughan curtis at npc-usa.com
Mon Nov 15 17:15:39 PST 2004

I was installing a port (make && make install) during which it asked me
about some configuration information. Because I made a wrong choice at
one point, the install failed. Now, I want to run make install again in
order to chose the right options. Unfortunately, I can't just issue
that command, as it apparently proceeds with what information I gave it
the first time. Out of curiosity I tried make deinstall and pkg_delete,
but they don't work as the port was never installed. So, what command
to I need to issue?

Curtis