help with rpm

Dan Kilbourne bsd-lists at netophilia.net
Mon Nov 15 09:40:52 PST 2004

frost wave extolled:
> hi thanks in advance for your answer
>
> here's my situation
> I just installed FreeBSD and now I want to install Maya ( maya is in a TGZ
> that include the rpms inside. )
> I searched all the night through the internet but I didn't find how to
> install the rpm package.
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.10
>
> tell me what are the steps to do...
>
> thanks a lot

rpm == redhat package management
I guess you could look into the rpm port, but not sure why you would
want to do that. Do they either have the source available (ususally
tar.gz file) or do either of these ports look like what you are looking
for?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

drk:drk:[12:39pm]:~> cat /usr/ports/www/amaya/pkg-descr
Amaya is the W3C's testbed editor/browser for new HTML and CSS
features.  It provides a WYSIWYG editing interface while generating
documents that adhere to a DTD.

WWW: http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
drk:drk:[12:39pm]:~> cat /usr/ports/science/mayavi/pkg-descr
MayaVi is a scientific data visualizer. It is written in Python and uses
the
Visualization Toolkit (VTK) for the visualization. An easy to use GUI
using
Tkinter is provided. It is also cross platform and should run on any
platform
where both Python and VTK are available (which is almost any *nix, Mac
OSX or
Windows).

WWW: http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/