Out of Office AutoReply: Sex

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Mon Nov 15 14:04:23 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 02:50:12AM -0800, Loren M. Lang wrote:

> My guess would be that this was generated automatically by his email
> software when he got the first email from the mailing list after he
> turned it on.  There should be someway to tell his client to ignore
> incoming mail from mailing lists, but I don't think he intentionally
> sent this email to the list.
>
> Most of these messages from people seem to have nearly identical
> subjects, maybe there's some way to filter on that...

This looks like a Microsoft Office 'vacation' message.  Newer versions of
Office have become (somewhat) smarter about not sending these things to
mailing lists... judging by the subject line, maybe it was replying to a
spam message that claimed to come from freebsd-questions?

This thread is rapidly turning into -chat material :-)

	Scott