uplcom USB serial adapter problem on 5.2.1

Steve Atwell atwell at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 15 03:21:18 GMT 2004

I'm trying to get a BF-810 USB serial adapter working on FreeBSD 5.2.1.
I figured it should be a breeze since it's listed in the uplcom man page
as being supported.  I loaded the uplcom kernel module and plugged in
the device.  All I got was this:

ucom0: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A),
rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: failed to set configuration: STALLED
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6
uhub1: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub1: device problem, disabling port 1
uhub1: port error, restarting port 1

The adapter works under Linux and Windows, so I'm pretty sure the
hardware is good.  Anybody know what's going on here?

Thanks.

--
Steve Atwell <atwell at uiuc.edu>