page fault at shutdown

Gregory Nou gregorynou at altern.org
Sun Nov 14 23:39:00 GMT 2004

Hi everybody,

Since I use FB 5.3 (beta 4, I know, I should update), I get a weird
problem.
When I do a ps aux | grep vr0, I get :

root    22  0,0  0,0     0   12  ??  WL   23:19     0:15,50 [irq11: vr0
uhci0+]

I assumed that two different device shouldn't be on the same irq.
The problem I have occurs ONLY when I shut down the computer using gdm
(I mean Actions/shut down in gnome)
The shut down do everything normal but it fails to power off : it says
me that there is a page fault with this irq11
Since I wasn't really happy at the idea of hand writing the message, I
did not write it, but if it's necessary, I may do it.
What do you think about it ? is it a problem with my hardware (for
example, my bios is too stupid, or I am too stupid :)) or is it a pb
with freebsd ?

Cheers,
--
Grégory

PS : I formerly sent a mail reporting a pb with mount_smbfs which tried
to unload smbfs.ko which was statically compiled in the kernel. Nobody
have an idea about it ?