Create Boot CD in OS X

Peter H.Helck phelck at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 23:11:40 GMT 2004

I've downloaded the FreeBSD 5.3 ISO images (disc 01 and 02) and burned
them onto CD's using MAC OS X 10.3 default settings. When installed
into an old Pentium PC CD rom, they are unreadable. I assume the method
of CD Rom burning may be at fault. Could you direct me to a site which
would help this newbie prepare the media properly. I know you are
incredibly busy since the release of 5.3 as stable, but would
appreciate any help possible.

Thanks in advance for your help

Pete

Background: the machine is currently running FreeBSD5.0 installed from
the CD included with the purchased book, FreeBSD Unleased, second
edition. X windows libraries did not load as well as sporadic keyboard
problems. I'm sure the 5.3 stable release solved them. I'm only a
newbie geek with brass clusters and would any advice possible. Thanks
for a piece of your precious time.