Panic under heavy HTTP load?

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 21:20:31 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik W Lund [mailto:henrik.w.lund at broadpark.no]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 2:22
To: Subhro
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Panic under heavy HTTP load?

<snip>

Something just occurred to me: my gtk-gnutella is linked with gtk2, not
gtk1, which is the default. Maybe I should try to recompile and link
with gkt1?

Is the ports tree up to date? IF not please do so and run portupgrade -au.
Your package list makes me feel that the port tree had been updated but only
partially. Also try avoiding fancy stuff like explicitly asking gnutella to
link with gtk2 using build time flags. Also if you are not running really
short of hard disk space, cvsup with ports-all. The ps -aux output had been
snipped in the right. So could not make out a few processes. Last but not
the least, gnutella indeed calculates hashes in order to differentiate
between files having same names and accurately get the correct stuff from
different sources and join them up later. But succesice calls to stat() (or
any syscall as such) should not cause the kernel to freeze. If it indeed
causes a freeze because of that, the kernel is broken and needs to be fixed.
Also are there are cores left over in the filesystem? If yes just check if
there is anything relevant. You can try to post mortem the core files. In
case you are not comfortable with it, you can send them here. Some
knowledgeable soul would surely do it for you.

Regards
S.

Subhro Sankha Kar
Block AQ-13/1, Sector V