Help with boot0 (resolved)

Jay O'Brien jayobrien at att.net
Sun Nov 14 20:23:29 GMT 2004

Jay O'Brien wrote:
Thanks again Henrik and Ruben, you found the problem for me.

I've now built a new installation of 5.3 on ad0, and I have
a copy of the 4.10 install on ad1. Now there's no question
about which is running.

I edited ad1's /etc/fstab to change all instances of ad0 to
ad1, and now when I hit F5 during bootup to select drive 1,
4.10 boots and runs fine on ad1. If I hit F1 during bootup,
then 5.3 boots and runs fine on ad0.

To recap, I only installed boot0 (using boot0cfg) on ad0,
not on both drives. My computer BIOS boots the ad0 drive,
and boot0 gives me a chance to select the ad1 drive.

I note that boot0 remembers my last selection, and makes it
the default on the next boot. Nice touch.

Jay O'Brien
Rio Linda, California, USA