Everything randomly generates .core files

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sat Nov 13 18:49:30 GMT 2004

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

It's running on a Dell Inspiron 5100.  I've had it less than a year.
Ran windows fine.  Ran FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE fine.. 5.3-BETA7 as well.
Just started a day or so ago, when I formatted and installed
5.3-RELEASE.  I guess some partial failure could have coincided with the
install.  I did not have the chance to run memtest yet....  but will
today/tonight

Another thought... assuming its a hardware issue.  I would expect it to
manifest itself under greater loads such as when building a port. As
opposed to sitting idly while browsing the filesystem with xfe. One
example is the OpenOffice port.... building that took forever... the
entire time the CPU was pegged 95%-100%... but nothing hiccuped.  even
had xfe up, and while browsing the web.

Anyways... thanks for the attention to my problem(s).  I'll post the
memtest results asap.

> Because if that was the case, then he got what he deserved, eh?
>
> Ted

Regards,
Eric