Simple Network Traffic script

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Fri Nov 12 21:19:26 GMT 2004

mrtg is to collect and graph statistics from local and remote hosts...we
use it for network info on switches, etc. Which means that I can
ultimately get that info if I go find the switch port its on, and jump
through some other hoops.

I just want a command line script that shows me how much bandwidth is
being sent and received in the last x seconds...

Kind of like top for network bandwidth.

it can't be that hard...