What's happening to FreeBSD 4.10 ?

Hasse Hansson webmaster at swedehost.com
Fri Nov 12 15:05:41 GMT 2004

Radek Kozlowski wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 08:45:01PM +0100, Admin wrote:
>

>>You might also have a point of direction to my other problem with seg
>>faulting apache2 ?  All my efforts are documented here if you are
>>interested :
>>
>>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-September/016006.html
>>
>>The problem seems to be the php4-pcre-4.3.9 extension.  What I
>>understand from my digging, is that 4.3.4 version should work.  I just
>>don't know how to get hold of it, or how to install it.  Well, I could
>>download php4 4.3.4 version and extract it from the extension dir, but
>>then what ?  How do I install it and where ?  Any help or advice would
>>be highly appreciated.
>>

>Nope, sorry. However, I use php4 with apache 1.3.x and have never had
>any problems, so if you don't need apache2 you might give apache1 a try.
>
>-Radek

Okay, thx.
No, I don't need Apache2, I'm just customed to using it. And this is a
production server.
Thought, I don't belive the problem are within the Apache server.
If I disable the " LoadModule php4_module
libexec/apache2/libphp4.so " in httpd.conf ,
the problem are gone.

The funny thing is that I seems to be alone with this problem, due to
the low response to my post :-)
Haven' t been able to find any documentation since some posted patches
for the php4-pcre-4.3.6 version ,
witch I tried to apply with no luck.

I might try to just uninstall the hole php4 port, and rebuild it from
source with version 4.3.4 that I downloaded
from php.net.
Never had this kind of problems with ported software before.

/ Hasse.