Postfix does not log

Ksenia Marasanova ksenia.marasanova at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 13:00:36 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I need some help with Postfix, but I am asking it here, because I am
not sure what causes the problem - Postfix or syslog.

The problem: Postfix does not log into /var/log/maillog.

The logfile is turned over by newsyslogd every midnight. Syslogd is
started with -s option. And yes, it has been restarted after modifing
syslog.conf. Here are the lines from syslog.conf where mail is
mentioned:

*.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit      /dev/console
*.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err;local0.none
  /var/log/messages
mail.*                      /var/log/maillog

Output from postconf -n:
command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
local_recipient_maps =
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = no
sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450

Everything pretty standard, I think..

Appreciate any help!

--
Ksenia