Java

Alastair G. Hogge agh at tpg.com.au
Thu Nov 11 02:42:57 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:18, Werner Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed FreeBSD5.3 and when I install gnome2.6 using "pkg_add
> -r gnome2", I get a message that Java is not installed.
>
> How do I install java-support, as there is so many ports dealing with
> Java, that I don't know which one to install.
I have linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.05 and jdk-1.4.2p6_5 for Java support on
FreeBSD-5.3.

Now I think you need to install linux-jdk first. run make install in
in /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14/ and follow the instructions. The the same
in /usr/ports/java/jdk14/. You have to download some files manually :-(

> Is there also a corresponding java-package that can be installed?
No. Sun forbids this. Follow the make install instructions.

> Can it also be installed after gnome2.6?
Should be able

-Alastair