Hello List

Emanuel Strobl Emanuel.Strobl at gmx.net
Wed Nov 10 02:23:59 PST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2004 11:18 schrieb Ben Haysom:
> Thing is, it should be so straightforward, but I've stumped loads of
> people with it.
>
> I have a small home network, atm an XP PC, a XP laptop, and the
> FreeBSD 5.1 machine.
> I am connected to the internet with an unknown modem from my ISP.
>
> I've bought a D-Link 300 and attched it to the FreeBSD Box.

Do you have your A-DSL line up with that modem? Means, can you ping your
providers nameserver e. g. from the FreeBSD box?
Usually you have to set different ATM parameters in such modems (VCI VPI)
which aren't public in general, so you should stay with your provider's
modem. Is that a ethernet modem or USB?

-Mano