FreeBSD 5.3 fails to shutdown properly

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Tue Nov 9 22:23:53 PST 2004

FreeBSD fails to sync buffers on shutdown and gives up requiring and
fsck on reboot everytime.  It first syncs vnodes which hit 0 after a
short time, then while syncing buffers the count starts at 7 and stays
there til it gives up trying to sync them.  When I first go into single
user mode, then umount all fs by hand I can run reboot and it will
shutdown properly.  Is there a way to increase the delay on shutdown or
some other way to fix this problem?  I'm using a clean install of FreeBSD 5.3.
--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C