Using the boot-easy boot loader..

Nadav Ben-Ami nadav3333 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 21:02:26 PST 2004

Hello..

I am currently running FreeBSD 5.2.1, installing of OS'es is really not
a hard task for me, except this one time and it has to do with WINDOWS
XP on my primary hardrive (IDE1). Problem is this: Since I am running
Windows XP  on my primary C drive, and I goto install the FreeBSD boot
easy loader(Option 1), there was a time when by doing just that, It
destroyed the MBR of my primary drive! Strange as it may seem, though
why would windows xp be destroyed if I tried to install on a separate
physical hard drive (D:/) the free bsd boot loader? I am some what
"scared" to even bother with a boot loader. Please advise on what I can
do to make windows XP allow another OS like FREEBSD to work though its
on a separate drive.

Synopsis of problem: XP installed on primary master (ad0), and freebsd
installed taking up whole secondary master drive (ad1), goto install
freebsd boot loader... CAN'T BOOT BACK INTO WINDOWS XP, AND ALL IS
LOST.. I did not choose install standard MBR, I chose option #1 for
install freebsd boot easy loader on drive ad1!!, not ad0!!

help..

Erik