difference between releases

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Mon Nov 8 13:54:20 PST 2004

At 01:57 PM 11/8/2004, TM4526 at aol.com wrote:
>If the 4 bozos who jump on everything I say will
>just cut back on the coffee there wouldn't be so much BS.

In a previous message, you indicated that you were sure some people
found your posts valuable. The point you seem to be missing entirely
is that the people who jump on you are jumping on you because for
every scrap of value you throw into the mix, you're also likely to throw
in a big, smelly turd. You'd probably be less jumped on if you didn't
mark up your commentary with irrelevant invective much of the time.

As a librarian, I have a great tolerance for dissenting points of view,
and as a sysadmin I have a lot of respect for those who challenge the
assumptions of IT system makers and users (it's practically a duty
for us to raise questions). I am not in total disagreement with some
of the points you have previously raised. I am, however, not willing
to pick through a wet pile of fresh shyte on the grounds that there
might possibly be a small nugget of gold inside.

I've tried to be patient, but it really seems to me that either:

(a) you really do not understand that name-calling has *no place* in
the formulation of a cogent argument (and that for this and related
reasons, your chronic nastiness is a violation of the list charter), or

(b) you really do understand but you really don't give a flying fork
about being civil or cogent because really, you just enjoy nastiness.

Either way, the net value to me of your posts is... [plonk the troll].

For the record, in 20 years of using various network forums, I have
never felt the need to censor anyone until now. Usually, the forum
admin has a go at it before I lose patience, but enough is enough.