help

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:27:08 PST 2004

> Where do I find the supported hardware list?

You might try looking for it!
It has a link on the main FreeBSD web page.

For example, for 'Production Release 5.3'
one finds the following named links:

    Production Release: 5.3
      Installation Guide
      Release Notes
      Hardware Notes
      Installation Notes
      Errata
      Migration Guide

If you just happened to click on 'Hardware Notes'
You would find the following with appropriate links:

The hardware notes for FreeBSD are customized for different platforms, as
many devices are only supported on (or are only relevant for) specific
processors or architectures.

Hardware notes for FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE are available for the following
platforms:

    * alpha
    * amd64
    * i386
    * ia64
    * pc98
    * sparc64

A list of all platforms currently under development can be found on the
Supported Platforms page.

Clicking on 'i386' would get you the whole list nicely divided into
various types of devices.

////jerry