re bittorrent

Matthias Buelow mkb at mukappabeta.de
Mon Nov 8 08:32:56 PST 2004

TM4526 at aol.com wrote:

> Its become  widely used for "sharing" in the same way as Kazaa and
> other "point to point" as they're called protocols. Many ISPs block it,
> or at least substantially slow it down.

Well.  Of course it can be abused for w4r3z aswell as used for legal
purposes.  If my ISP would block it or noticably slow it down, I would
consider changing to a different ISP.  And I think there's still a
difference in quality compared to things like edonkey, which are used
exclusively for "illegal" filesharing.

--
   Matthias Buelow; mkb@{mukappabeta,informatik.uni-wuerzburg}.de