Big Problem, Load Avg Very High

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 03:36:16 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 01:43:16AM -0600, Eric Kjeldergaard wrote:
> > > i know that it isn't officially released, but the ISOs are availible
> > > on FTPs already. but these ISOs should change it's consistance and
> > > will be regenerated by the time. but anyway. i consider 5.3 to be
> > > better choice then 5.2.1...
> > >

> > Are the isos already there? Oh, yes, they are. BUT it isnt released yet.
> > But again, I truly see your point.
> >

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but wouldn't the official
> terminology (arguing semantics) be that it's released and not
> announced?  It seems that this is the way that I've heard it.

It's both released and announced.  People only know when the release
has happened because they see the announcement from the RE team.
Mostly that's because making a release is a process that takes several
months, and even the last stages of distributing the release .iso
images around all of the various servers worldwide takes a day or so.
It's generally possible to find the release versions of the software
on some of the servers quite a while before it's available on all of
them.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way