Remembering tweaks for ports?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sat Nov 6 12:15:43 PST 2004

Forgive me if this has been asked before.  Is there any way to not have to
re-customize ports whenever you do an upgrade?  One that is particularly
annoying to me is the interaction between amavisd-new and clamav.  When
clamav is installed (even via portupgrade), it sets ownership (uid and gid)
of various directories to clamav:clamav.  Unfortunately, amavisd-new wants
vscan:vscan.  I found this out the hard way when I did the initial install,
but every time clamav port is upgraded, I have to go tweak the same
directories.  Am I missing something here?