Post freebsd-update question

Ned Harrison nharrison at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 20:48:52 PST 2004

I am newbie running FreeBSD 5.2.1 with a custom kernel.  Not any major
modifications, I just commented out a few devices which I do not have
and copied over a few items from the Notes file.

I just ran freebsd-update to pick up security patches.  It fetched and
installed without any problems.  However, freebsd-update let me know
that it did not update the kernel because it had been modified locally.

What do I need to do now to update the kernel?  Do I need to use csvup
to update the GENERIC  and NOTES files, then recompile and reinstall?

Thank you,
Ned