appendum post: rc2, xorg, and matrox g550 troubles

Didier Wiroth didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Fri Nov 5 08:46:00 PST 2004

Hi,
Thanks but that is actually what I tried ;-),
without success. The screen keeps black no signal
anymore. ctrl+alt FX can't get a console and even
the X display was black, and I was unable to get
working screen nor X or the console. I needed to
ssh from another workstation to restart.

I think I found temporary  workaround. Not loading
the freebsd mga and acpi kernel module seems to
solve some problem. At least dualscreen works now.
I'm using the native g550 linux drivers from
matrox.

didier