[OT]Help me, Get a Free flat screen

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Nov 5 08:10:34 PST 2004

--On Friday, November 05, 2004 08:41:27 AM -0500 Ed Budd
<ebudd at grokking.org> wrote:

> very sad...and some people still wonder how it is there can be so much
> spam when so many profess to hate it.

I used to be a very active anti-spammer.  Subscribed to nanae and the whole
nine yards.  One day I realized I was never going to make a dent in the
problem because somewhere there's an idiot ready to believe and buy their
crap.  So I gave up my anti-spammer ways and moved on to more productive
pursuits (like navel-gazing.)

It's a hopeless problem that will never be solved.  It's like the gnats
that show up every spring to fly up in your nose and irritate the hell out
of you.

Now I just whitelist (but not with the damn irritating confirmation emails.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member