Transferring system to a new hard drive

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:13:26 PST 2004

My original install of FreeBSD is on a 30 gig hard drive, I want to
move it to an 80 gig I now have, but i don't want to have to reinstall
everything since I've spent hours waiting for some ports to install.

So after googling and searching I found a few ideas of how to migrate
to a new hard drive but none which I really trust, (ghosting,
acronis(sp?))

If I do move it over will I have ot make new slices to take advantage
of the bigger hard drive? If this is the case will I lose what data is
already in the slice or can it adjust without any hitches or loss of
data?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated