WiFi 802.11b or g setup

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 08:41:09 PST 2004

 >By modem you mean network card, yeah? Do the usb2 hub and the pcmcia
slot show up? And have you tried removing that - don't think freebsd
supports usb2 hubs yet, it might be causing some conflicts.

The USB2 hub has to be recognized since I installed the system with a CD
ROM attached to this hub. I have since used it several times.

And, yes, I mean network card. But it works like a modem from my
perspective since I am always traveling and hooking into a different
wifi station all of the time. The analogy is carried further since I
always have to login, and it is disconnected when not in use. (Card is
turned off using the software, the same as any modem. A 'Null Modem' is
a simple connection between 2 machine.)

Now, as for the card not being seen. This is one of the problems.
Something seems to be interfering. I am re-installing the entire system
with less system software. I'll see if I can take a more cautious
approach. I think that one or more of the system services that I
installed was blocking it.

Plus, I think that I need to read up some more on what is required for a
FreeBSD connection.

One quick question. Are any of the 802.11g cards supported under FreeBSD?

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590