portsdb: index generation error

Günther Dippe dippe at ncm.gu.se
Wed Nov 3 05:58:12 PST 2004

Hi all,
I downloaded a fresh ports.tar.gz and unpacked it (FreeBSD 5.1).
Then I did a portsdb -Uu
Which resulted in the following:

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait.."Makefile", line 26:
warning: String comparison operator should be either == or !=
"Makefile", line 26: Malformed conditional (${OSVERSION} > 502113 ||
(${OSVERSION} >
  491100 && ${OSVERSION} < 500000))
"Makefile", line 26: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 28: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 28: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> sysutils/freebsd-sha1 failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error....
<snip>

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

--------
On my two other FreeBSD boxes (5.2 and 5.2.1) it worked without problem.
Any suggestions (I googled the net without luck)?

Cheers
Günther