Boot Loader

Choy Kho Yee khoyee at tf7.so-net.ne.jp
Tue Nov 2 19:49:20 PST 2004

On 2004/11/03, at 11:17, Andrew Smith wrote:

> I'm trying to get Windows XP and FreeBSD 4.10 to dual boot.
> So I installed XP, and then FreeBSD, with the Boot Manager.
>
> Rebooted and I get the FreeBSD boot manager.  When I hit F2, FreeBSD
> loads without problems.  However when I hit F1, the computer just
> beeps at me.
>
> So I installed GRUB from the ports 0.94.  I was able to manually boot
> BSD with GRUB, but I could not figure out how to get XP to boot, it
> didn't recognize the partition which XP was installed when I would do
> a "root (hd0,0)".

This example gives you hints on booting various OS with GRUB. Have a
look.
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/
Configuration.html#Configuration

---
Choy Kho Yee
url: http://dotkoyi.infoseek.ne.jp/
blog: http://dotkoyi.blogspot.com/

"There are only 10 types of people in the world,
i.e. those who understand binary numbers and
those who do not."